Mt. Calvary-Grace Lutheran School
Mt. Calvary-Grace Lutheran School opened in 1958 with an enrollment of 102 students--84 from Mt. Calvary and 18 from Grace. Mr. Fred Hagedorn served as our first principal. Mr. Roger Hinz served from 1967 through 1973, Mr. LeRoy Robbert from 1973 through 1994, Mr. William Scharf from 1994 to 2004, Mr. Brad Schaper from 2004 to 2005, Mr. Jonathan Biedenbender from 2005 to the present.
Beginning in 1930, students from Mt. Calvary attended First Evangelical Lutheran School in LaCrosse. From 1948 until 1950, Mt. Calvary had its own teacher at First Evangelical Lutheran.
A proposal to construct our own school building was approved in 1946, but it wasn’t until 1957 that the congregation voted to build the first unit of the school, including a fellowship hall and four classrooms.
The second unit--five additional classrooms--was dedicated in 1963.
Our most recent building project was dedicated in 1993. This addition included the renovation of the previous fellowship hall into a cafeteria on the first level with two classrooms on the second floor, a high school size gymnasium, locker rooms, music room, and principal’s office.
From 1996 through 1998, our school underwent an extensive self-study, leading to our Articles of Agreement. The Articles established a written agreement defining the relationship between Mt. Calvary and Grace congregations regarding the consolidation of our school, along with a new plan of structure for school organization.
As a joint school, we look forward to continue sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with all people.
There are currently 73 students enrolled at Mt Calvary/Grace School.
For more information, click on Mt. Calvary/Grace School at the bottom on the home page!